Hans Heintz
wrote on 24.04.11 at 10:07
Link to this post
I have been happily using streamwriter to play "radio paradise" in my car using my iphone without any problem until a latest batch of tracks where many tracks have a silence of about 10 seconds or more. I think the problem lies with the stream itself (eg connection at time of recording) and not with the software but would it be possible to have an option to skip tracks that have > x seconds of nothingness.

HostedDinner
97 Posts
wrote on 24.04.11 at 13:22
Link to this post
Yes and no ;)
There is only the function that can skip tracks who are less than x seconds. It's actually for ads, but…
For more you have to wait for the answer of Alex ;) Maybe he will add something like this :D

If you mean, that the silence is after or before a track, than I would assume, it is a bug in the program.
www.fabian-neffgen.de

Hans Heintz
wrote on 24.04.11 at 19:02
Link to this post
I've been paying a bit more atention to the timing of the problem. Everytime the silence is about 18 seconds and with an interval of about 10 minutes (so annoying enough).
Also the silence may be anywhere in a song or spanning the end of one song and the beginning of the next.
The problem is the same playing iphone or pc.
Having said all that a connection problem seems less likely since the problem is too regular.

Hans Heintz
wrote on 24.04.11 at 19:27
Link to this post
Well I found a way to quick screen the problem by loading mp's into wavepad sound editor and look for gaps in the waveform. It seems that during a long recording session from one song onward almost 1 out of 2 songs has a gap of about 20 seconds. Then from a certain song the problem disappears again. This liberating song has a track number about 700 higher then the previous one and a creation date time of about 12 hours later, altough all were recorded in one session. All songs in between are just not there. Maybe a problem with the source and not the sofware after all. So the original question remains: it would be nice to just kick out songs that have not completely succeeded for any reason.

alex
2538 Posts
wrote on 25.04.11 at 20:05 last edited by alex on 25.04.11 at 20:05
Link to this post
Are you talking about this stream: http://streamwriter.org/en/streamdb/getplaylist/list.m3u?id=94 ?

If so, I will watch it myself because I am not sure if I understand you right here. Maybe this would be the easiest way. If not, please post the URL to the stream.
LG/Best regards, Alex

"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations."
- George Orwell

D1734FA178BF7D5AE50CB1AD54442494