Johanvb
1 Post
wrote on 27.06.24 at 12:37
Link to this post
Good afternoon,

I am a bit hesitant to ask, since I don't know how much of a priority it is for the developer to add radio stations on request. But if you don't ask you will never know.

In the past I was so happy to listen to South African stations, like Houtstok FM, Pretoria FM, and Overvaal. But they have disappeared from the list.

Would it be possible to re-add them? So I can use your brilliant piece of software again.

Thanks in advance,

Johan from the Netherlands

alex
2548 Posts
wrote on 15.07.24 at 20:54
Link to this post
Hello,

all known streams are scanned regularly by the streamWriter server and if the check for a stream fails for 7 days in a row (I think) a stream will be deleted. If you have a URL that is compatible with streamWriter paste it into the address bar in the main window and hit enter. If streamWriter can connect to the station it's default configuration is to submit the URL to the server so that the stream browser should contain the stream in case the server is able to connect to it.
So there is not really a way to manually add it for me. Find a working URL, let streamWriter connect to it and wait for a day, then refresh the stream browser and maybe the stream is now back in the list.
LG/Best regards, Alex

"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations."
- George Orwell

D1734FA178BF7D5AE50CB1AD54442494