Marnix36
wrote on 11.04.11 at 16:21
Link to this post
Hallo,

From which website comes the music database Streamwriter uses?

Thanks!

Marnix

Radiohoerer
205 Posts
wrote on 11.04.11 at 20:54
Link to this post
Hello Marnix36 and wellcome to the forum!

If you mean the database with the radiostations in it, well, Alex (the developer of Streamwriter) delivered a database to start with and we (the users of Streamwriter) augmented it by entering new radiostation urls in the URL field. If a connection could be built up to the station and the program could successfully record the stream, the stream url would be stored in the database.

I hope that helps.

Greetings and have fun using Streamwriter.

Radiohoerer
LG

Radiohoerer

alex
2538 Posts
wrote on 11.04.11 at 20:56 last edited by alex on 11.04.11 at 20:57
Link to this post
Hi,

all streams are received by streamWriter from the streamWriter-Server that is connected to a database, so it is not connected to external sources. The streams are user-supplied, that means if you try to connect to an unknown stream, it will be checked by the server and eventually get added to that database.
Why do you ask?

Edit: Damn, too late. I should implement something that say's "are you sure you want to post, somebody else has posted in the meantime"..

Alex
LG/Best regards, Alex

"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations."
- George Orwell

D1734FA178BF7D5AE50CB1AD54442494

Marnix36
wrote on 14.04.11 at 12:15
Link to this post
Thanks for your both answers!

I want to know if it is possible to use your database to integrate it in a media player program.
I want to listen to radiostations in that media program and I think the database of streamwriter is perfect for that.
Please let me know if something like that is possible.

Greetings,

Marnix

alex
2538 Posts
wrote on 14.04.11 at 12:58
Link to this post
I have dumped it from the database to a file which is attached to this post. Everything else is up to you:-)
Keep in mind that my server runs automatic checks for streams, so if a stream is down, it get's removed from the database. If you want to access the database using HTTP, I could also explain how to do that.

Greetings,

Alex
streamdb.sql (1.2 MB, 63686 times downloaded)
LG/Best regards, Alex

"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations."
- George Orwell

Marnix36
wrote on 14.04.11 at 14:01
Link to this post
Hi Alex,

Thanks for your file, I hope it will work! I will let you know I if want access to the database using HTTP but I first try to work with your dump.

Greetings,

Alex

Marnix36
wrote on 15.04.11 at 13:23
Link to this post
Hi Alex,

If possible I want to access the database of streamwriter using HTTP. Would you explain me how to do that.

Thanks!

Greetings,

Marnix

alex
2538 Posts
wrote on 15.04.11 at 13:55
Link to this post
Hi,

I don't have much time at the moment but this should help you. Just open a connection to streamwriter.org on port 80. Send the following for example:

POST /en/streamdb/getstreams/ HTTP/1.1
Host: streamwriter.org
Accept: */*
Connection: close
Content-Length: 297 (this could be wrong because the forum might reformat my post, so some bytes can get lost)

data=<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<request>
<header>
<version>3</version>
<type>getstreams</type>
</header>
<data>
<count>17</count>
<offset>42</offset>
<search />
<genre />
<kbps>32</kbps>
</data>
</request>

Then just look at the response for yourself. You will receive 17 streams, beginning from stream number 42 at the database level. Only streams with kbps>=32 will be sent, the genre and search-term are ignored because the request above does not specify them. If you use this in an application, please tell me about it. It's not because I have a problem with other applications accessing my database, it's because streamWriter itself does not use the HTTP-interface anymore and when somebody else uses it I need to know it so that it does not get disabled someday in the future.

Greetings
LG/Best regards, Alex

- George Orwell

Marnix36
wrote on 15.04.11 at 16:12
Link to this post
Thanks Alex!

I will let you know if it works, I will try it next week!

Greetings

Rudi
159 Posts
wrote on 15.04.11 at 18:49 last edited by Rudi on 15.04.11 at 18:50
Link to this post
Hi Alex,

ich werd mich hier einfach mal in den Thread mit einklinken und zwar hab ich da drei Streams, von denen einer nicht in deine Datenbank will fragt sich nur warum…

-http://eilo.org:8000/minimal
-http://eilo.org:8000/hard

-http://eilo.org:8000/techno -> der hier geht nicht in die

Datenbank die anderen sind drin

Grüße Rudi
Mit dem Computer erledigt man nur Arbeiten, die man ohne Computer gar nicht hätte.

alex
2538 Posts
wrote on 15.04.11 at 20:13 last edited by alex on 15.04.11 at 20:17
Link to this post
Ich schaue, Stream nicht da. Schalte mich auf den Server um zu beobachten was bei der Aufnahme passiert, lief alles durch und der Stream ist jetzt da…
Problem könnte gewesen sein, dass dein streamWriter den Stream gemeldet hat und der Server bei diesem Mal nicht verbinden konnte oder sowas. streamWriter bei dir merkt sich "Stream XY habe ich schon bekanntgemacht, nicht nochmal schicken" - dann kannst du ihn so oft wie du willst aufnehmen, er wird nicht mehr abgeschickt.

Edit: Nochmal geguckt. Der Stream wird vom Server immer in die Datenbank aufgenommen. Ganz sicher, dass der Stream schon aktiv am Aufnehmen/Abspielen war? Wenn man ihn z.B. der Liste hinzufügt und sofort die Aufnahme beendet (streamWriter empfängt keine Daten vom Stream) dann wird er dem Server auch nicht mitgeteilt. Ansonsten bin ich erstmal überfragt und wir sollten das Thema vergessen6-)

LG,

Alex
LG/Best regards, Alex

- George Orwell