alex
2538 Posts
wrote on 28.11.10 at 02:58
Link to this post
Hi everyone!

There's a long list of issues in the tracker and I'm trying to fix these issues when I have time. But there are some things to do that I cannot achieve on my own. So this is a call for help. I might update this post in the future, a list of things where I need help with follows:

- Translations. streamWriter is available in English and German only, there are a lot of languages missing (and I'm not sure if my English is that good…). If you want to translate streamWriter, just look at http://streamwriter.org/en/wiki/artikel/translate/ - for the german version, see http://streamwriter.org/de/wiki/artikel/translate/ .
- Documentation. Since we now have a working, multilingual wiki available, everyone can help to improve streamWriter's documentation. Just signup at this website, go to "wiki" and start editing articles:-)!

(10.12.10 - Removed request for new icon)

If you want to contribute or have any questions, just post here or contact me by mail. I really appreciate any help!

Greetings,

Alexander
LG/Best regards, Alex

"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations."
- George Orwell

D1734FA178BF7D5AE50CB1AD54442494

HostedDinner
wrote on 28.11.10 at 16:25
Link to this post
Hi Alex!

New Icon? Yes, but the old icon redrawn is better ;)
So I made my own interpretation of the icon, maybe you could need it. I will release it under CC, so you are allowed to make it brighter/darker ;) or you ask me to do so…

Greets
HostedDinner
StrWrIcon.zip (29.7 KB, 1999 times downloaded)

alex
2538 Posts
wrote on 29.11.10 at 22:04
Link to this post
Hi,

in my opinion your icon looks very nice. I modified the website (see the top left corner) and included it into the application itself. A build where the new icon is included might be online later or tomorrow.
Thanks for your great work!:-P

Greetings,

Alex
LG/Best regards, Alex

"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations."
- George Orwell

alex
2538 Posts
wrote on 10.12.10 at 15:34
Link to this post
I updated the first post - everyone who wants to can now write documentation using the wiki. I hope somebody willing to do this reads this text, so I can work on streamWriter itself:-P
LG/Best regards, Alex

- George Orwell

Frank
1 Post
wrote on 12.04.11 at 01:23
Link to this post
Hello,
on first your work is great,
well I try to compile your source in Delphi 2010
but in ClientView unit I have this message:
[DCC Error] ClientView.pas(95): E2003 Undeclared identifier: 'TVTHeaderHitInfo',
where I mistake?

Thank you in advance.

Frank

alex
2538 Posts
wrote on 12.04.11 at 01:59 last edited by alex on 13.04.11 at 02:01
Link to this post
Hi,

I don't use the last official version of the virtual tree, so maybe you should try out the version you can get from their subversion repository (see here: http://code.google.com/p/virtual-treeview/source/checkout ) - I don't know if that's the reason but it's a thing that just came to my mind.

Oh, and this thread is not really the right place for this. If my answer does not help you or there's something else, please start a new thread.

HTH,

Alex
LG/Best regards, Alex

- George Orwell