Marc
90 Posts
wrote on 05.10.20 at 22:59
Link to this post
Please consider this, as right now ignore lists doesn't save some songs,so instead I save every song along with discard song if it already exists, but as incomplete files have a "–" indicator it doesn't recognize that the song is already saved. In other words as my internet is limited all the disconnections generate lots of duplicated incomplete songs.

alex
2538 Posts
wrote on 19.10.20 at 20:28
Link to this post
Hi,

this sounds like a good idea. I will put it on my todo list because it's not that much work, but don't wait for it. Furthermore streamWriter does not know which files are complete and which files are incomplete, that information is not stored in the database, only in the filename. So if this feature gets added, your already recorded incomplete files will be considered complete. It will only work for files saved with the new version supporting this feature.
LG/Best regards, Alex

"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations."
- George Orwell

D1734FA178BF7D5AE50CB1AD54442494

Marc
90 Posts
wrote on 21.10.20 at 21:34
Link to this post
this sounds like a good idea. I will put it on my todo list because it's not that much work, but don't wait for it
Okey;-)

So if this feature gets added, your already recorded incomplete files will be considered complete.
Question, if the incomplete pattern adds "–" as suffix, could it detect files with that pattern and realize it is an incomplete file? Not sure if is possible or has negative impact.

alex
2538 Posts
wrote on 26.10.20 at 11:03
Link to this post
Question, if the incomplete pattern adds "–" as suffix, could it detect files with that pattern and realize it is an incomplete file? Not sure if is possible or has negative impact.

That would be possible, but since the default names for complete and incomplete filenames are the same (and I think most users don't change the defaults) I won't go this error-prone route.
LG/Best regards, Alex

"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations."
- George Orwell

D1734FA178BF7D5AE50CB1AD54442494

Marc
90 Posts
wrote on 30.10.20 at 22:30
Link to this post
Mmm and if the user have the same pattern then implement the initial route, and if not, use the one I proposed? that way is a win win for all?