neilb2012
2 Posts
wrote on 14.06.18 at 03:12 last edited by neilb2012 on 14.06.18 at 03:14
Link to this post
Closed Streamwriter, and switched off PC (Toshiba) for 10 days. On return problems opening Streamwriter. Op system (Windows 10)struggling to reload Streamwriter (all other apps/programmes open OK), yet the system Task Manager advises plenty of capacity left on PC. Visually, I can see the "Streams" page, but all my preset radio stations have gone and replaced by an endless stream of "Unknown" stations. Allows me to close the whole app, but is not allowing me to stop it doing whatever it is trying to do. So it just stays stuck in a loop. Has not done this before. Neil.

alex
2538 Posts
wrote on 20.06.18 at 11:20
Link to this post
Hi,

I have not heard about this problem before. Can you get into the settings window? If so you could export your profile so that I can take a look at it. Another possibility would be deleting streamWriters profile and start over from scratch.
LG/Best regards, Alex

"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations."
- George Orwell

D1734FA178BF7D5AE50CB1AD54442494

neilb
2 Posts
wrote on 24.06.18 at 12:23
Link to this post
Thanks Alex. Your response confirmed that the problem was at my end rather than Streamwriter itself. I could not get to Settings, and I uninstalled and re-installed Streamwriter a couple of times - but there was no change. Did it with both Kaspersky on and with Kaspersky off. In the end I had to re-install Windows 10 itself, and then re-download all my programmes etc. This worked, and Streamwriter is back in use. So I can only assume that it was a problem with Windows on my PC. Visually, what seemed to be happening was that the programme was struggling to reach your server (?), but all is OK now. So if anyone else has this problem, the solution appears to be - reload Windows. Regards, Neil