Marc
90 Posts
wrote on 01.02.17 at 03:22
Link to this post
I'm getting the following error on startup:
The file "C:\Documents and Settings\User\Desktop\Apps\StreamWritter Portable\streamwriter_data.dat" could not be loaded because it is corrupted.
You can delete it to avoid this error when streamWriter starts by clicking "Yes".
WARNING: When clicking "Yes" all data saved in the file will be lost!
The file will not be overwritten with new data until it was loaded or deleted.
Oddly and thankfully after cliking "No" each time it eventually loads fine (around the 5-7th start)

Yo24hua
727 Posts
wrote on 04.02.17 at 14:36 last edited by Yo24hua on 04.02.17 at 22:30
Link to this post
Hello Marc,

The problem consists at a number of users.
The developer has unfortunately little time to worry about it.

The problem is the streamwriter requires a little more time when the PC is shut down and operating system does early breaking the file save procedure of streamwriter at shut down.
So it is better to finish streamWriter and wait a little bit before computer shutting down.

I'm not sure the problem could also be due to the fact that their data are too large as your describe in "Board > Bugs > Auto database saving issues" Post.
Legalität, Radio Verzeichnisse, Diskographie Verzeichnisse, Reguläre Ausdrücke, Videos...:
Yo24hua's streamWriter Special: > > > https://sites.google.com/site/yo24hua < < <

Alles mit Ruhe & Muse, denn Unmöglich sind nur die Dinge, die man nicht tut!
Befreie dich, Befreie dich, Befreie dich und du wirst deinen Weg finden!
··· ¥oæhua ···

Marc
90 Posts
wrote on 19.02.17 at 23:14
Link to this post
Hi Yo24hua,
Thanks for the reply, I rarely shut down the pc these days but I will do as adviced /pay attention to it;)
The developer has unfortunately little time to worry about it.
I know and I don't want to sound like demanding whining, this error is not really much of a problem as it eventually loads fine. The other saving issue is more problematic as ignorelists get lost (and is too much work to recreate them).