Marc
90 Posts
wrote on 24.08.14 at 00:27
Link to this post
These are suggestions that have come from a long use of Streamwriter (running 24h/7). I have reached some kind of record with 115 radios recording at the same time. Well I have another draft/post for that…so here there are:

1. Per stream Exclusion for stream ignorelist/global ignorelist titles matching a given pattern.
Example: For DJ Mixes that appear with the the same artist - title metadata.
So that each mix that is played can be saved.

2. As connection retries, retry for not not enough space errors as most of the time the stream files in the disk are ataking half of the available space.

3. I was going to suggest to add a context menu option to remove tracks from remove from ignorelesist , but is already implemented :D
I'd only add that hopefully in the future multiple tracks can be removed from ignorelist at the same time.

4. At times MP3 streams in the Info panel are reported with a lower bitrate .i.e. 96kbps instead of 128kbps, once a song is saved the correct bitrate is displayed.

5. Since a stream can only belong to one category is not possible for example to define a "priority stream list" or a "more complete stream list" as tags would allow.
or a sorts of favourites. Every time a recording stops due to not enough available space all recordings have to be manually restarted, but if a given stream can belong to more than one category/tag/favourites
it could be more easily restarted.

6. Optionally disable sorting in stream list or add date added. From a perspective is useful to have streams ordered by the time they were added, especially if you are used to it.
Recently I accidentally sordted by titl not sure how to restore back the order or re-import it from a previous abackup while keeping all streams data (ignorelist/tracknumber,etc).

Some hotkey to collapse or perhaps by defalt display in "Lists" ignorelists by streams not expanded as it is more difficult to browse locate a given stream.

8. Searchges either in savbed tracks or in ·"title search" are interpreted as "searchterm searchterm" instead of searchterm AND searchterm; the two have to appear together.
Maybe it can be used by default the later aproach and used the first by using "" before and after the two or more tsearchterms.

Kind Regards,
Marc

alex
2538 Posts
wrote on 25.08.14 at 21:16
Link to this post
Hi,

I'm sorry to say this, but since development is suspended, I don't think any new features will be introduced in the future…

I'd only add that hopefully in the future multiple tracks can be removed from ignorelist at the same time.

This works, just select them and hit "Delete" on the keyboard or use the popup menu.
LG/Best regards, Alex

"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations."
- George Orwell

D1734FA178BF7D5AE50CB1AD54442494

Marc
90 Posts
wrote on 31.08.14 at 22:52
Link to this post
woa that's just…:-(
StreamWriter is one of my favourite applications.
Is it unlikely that development could be resumed at some point in the future?

alex
2538 Posts
wrote on 04.09.14 at 11:26
Link to this post
Hi Marc,

I'm sorry you could not know this, the post explaining the situation is German only. Basically it says that I don't want to invest that much time as I always did because I want to focus on other stuff in my free time. I will provide bug fixes (I still have a TODO-List) and maybe in some months there will be new features, but I cannot say when this will be. The other possibility would be to charge money for streamWriter to "motivate me" but as a user I would clearly appreciate keeping it free with suspended development, and I chose to take this path.
LG/Best regards, Alex

"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations."
- George Orwell

D1734FA178BF7D5AE50CB1AD54442494