alex
2538 Posts
wrote on 03.02.12 at 19:09 last edited by alex on 03.02.12 at 23:35
Link to this post
This post gives you some advice on how to report bugs. In order to report a bug, you need to reproduce it. This means that you have to supply a list of steps that are neccessary to show me the problem. You have two options on how to do that.
One possibility would be to use your current streamWriter-profile to reproduce the problem. If you do this, you have to email me your profile (you can export the profile by selecting "File"->"Settings…" in the menu, then clicking "Export profile" in the "General" category).
Another option would be to start over with a clean profile. To do this, export your current profile as a backup like explained above, then delete it using the appropriate button in the same category in the settings window. The previously exported backup can be imported after reporting the bug so that no data gets lost.

This could serve as a template for your bugreport:

Operating system:
streamwriter-buildnumber:

Description of problem (what was expected, what happened):

Steps needed to reproduce the problem:
n.

========================================================================

Dieser Post soll ein paar Anweisungen geben, wie Bugreports am besten erstellt werden. Um einen Fehler zu melden, muss er reproduzierbar sein. Das heißt, dass du eine Liste mit Schritten erstellen musst, die nötig sind, damit ich das Problem nachvollziehen kann. Es gibt zwei Möglichkeiten, das zu machen.
Eine Möglichkeit ist es, dein aktuelles streamWriter-Profil zum reproduzieren zu benutzen. Wenn du das machst, musst du mir dein Profil per Mail schicken (du kannst dein Profil exportieren, indem du im Menü "Datei"->"Einstellungen…" wählst und dann "Profil exportieren" in der Kategorie "Allgemein" klickst).
Eine andere Möglichkeit wäre es, den Fehler mit einem frischen Profil zu reproduzieren. Um das zu machen, exportiere dein aktuelles Profil als Backup wie oben erklärt. Danach löscht du das Profil mit dem passenden Knopf in der "Allgemein"-Kategorie im Einstellungsfenster. Das vorher exportierte Backup kannst du nach dem Fehlerbericht wieder importieren, so dass keine Daten verloren gehen.

Der folgende Text könnte als Vorlage für deine Meldung dienen:

Betriebssystem:
streamWriter-Buildnummer:

Problembeschreibung (was wurde erwartet, was ist passiert):

Nötige Schritte zur Fehlerreproduktion:
n.
LG/Best regards, Alex

"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations."
- George Orwell

D1734FA178BF7D5AE50CB1AD54442494

RobAlora
2 Posts
wrote on 29.07.13 at 22:09
Link to this post
I have a problem with Streamwriter since I re-installed my laptop last week, been using it for a couple of years no problems, but now when I open SW it starts streaming not recording but streaming, (automatic recordings disabled) box is not ticked, at the bottom it says Connected, 1347 red dot 2166, 48.30kb/s its not recording anything but its using my band width up!

I use a dongle ISP movistar Spain after I have used 10gb my speed is reduced considerably

swroland
63 Posts
wrote on 29.07.13 at 22:26
Link to this post
You should have opened a new thread as this thread is for Alex to tell people how they should report bugs - maybe he will move your posting (and also my answer) to a new thread.

Anyway, with the new version of streamwriter there comes a functionality called "monitor mode". You can find it in the settings - Community - "Enable monitor mode". If it is enabled, you can choose how many streams you want to monitor in the background. This helps streamwriter to increase the chance that people get, what they want to record.

If you don't like to support the streamwriter community that way (e. g. because you have a maximum transfer volume in the contract with your ISP) you can deselect this option. After this, the bandwith consumption shown in the status bar, should be 0 (unless you're listening to a stream or some recordings are running).

RobAlora
2 Posts
wrote on 29.07.13 at 23:29
Link to this post
Thanks found it and unticked thank you