radiodaz
45 Posts
wrote on 18.02.13 at 22:22
Link to this post
* OK Here's what I've found out while using Stream Writer.

I scroll through every song title and chose which titles/songs to keep> the song I keep I throw onto my desktop for processing later.

Due to it being such a slow process I have to speed up my mouse skills to get through all the recorded songs.

I have to:

1. Click and play song
2. Pick up and drag the music player to the middle of the song(which helps me choose if it is a good tune)
3. If I do like the song ~ I then have to scroll all the way down to the song title from the music list in streamwriter pick it up and drag it onto the desktop.

Question: Is there any way I can hover over the (scrubber)<music player @ top right of stream writer> and just click on the scrubber> WHILE the song is playing, then drag the song from the scrubber itself onto the desktop.

This way I just click next song> drag scrubber to center of song> click drag drop to desktop> next song> and repeat dragging songs from scrubber that is currently playing.

* Now I don't have to scroll to the bottom of the music list where the song is located, but instead grab the song directly from the scrubber/player.

Could this be added?

alex
2538 Posts
wrote on 24.02.13 at 22:58
Link to this post
Hi!

1. Click and play song
2. Pick up and drag the music player to the middle of the song(which helps me choose if it is a good tune)
3. If I do like the song ~ I then have to scroll all the way down to the song title from the music list in streamwriter pick it up and drag it onto the desktop.

I don't understand your last point. If I start playing a song in the player it is usually visible in the list. After using the player to seek to the middle of the song it is still visible since I don't use the list while listening for some seconds to see if the song is okay. Or are you doing this in a completely different way?

Question: Is there any way I can hover over the (scrubber)<music player @ top right of stream writer> and just click on the scrubber> WHILE the song is playing, then drag the song from the scrubber itself onto the desktop.

The scrubber (I think you mean the button on the seek bar in the player) cannot be used for dragging and dropping. An option would be to use the label that displays the time but I am not sure if this feature makes sense, dragging from there would be a really hidden thing that very few people/only you would use I think.
LG/Best regards, Alex

"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations."
- George Orwell

D1734FA178BF7D5AE50CB1AD54442494

radiodaz
45 Posts
wrote on 26.02.13 at 16:46
Link to this post
* Well if your speeding through a list of songs lets say> you click next….scroll middle/play….(skip song/next)…then find a song you like…you have to move all the way down to the bottom of the list to grab that song and drag it onto the desktop> I just though that if instead of scrolling down the song list, you can stay near the scrubber area somewhere and pull the playing song from there onto the desktop…

* I know most people just pick a song they want and they move through the music list at their own pace, but when you have 1000's of songs on file…for me takes quite a while to go through every single song> and thought using an area near the scrubber to drag and drop songs would double the amount of time you can add songs to your collection.

* If I can drag 30 songs onto my desktop in under 5 mintutes (instead) of 10-15mins…then I can grow my music library exponentially faster.:-Dand say that streamwriter superrocks!

Yo24hua
727 Posts
wrote on 26.02.13 at 20:20 last edited by Yo24hua on 26.02.13 at 21:31
Link to this post

I have a idea for you:

Drag and drop the album miniature picture to desktop funktion (The image frame is at this time only appear when the music file contains one).

Is it good?

Sorry for bad english:-[

Message to Alex (the author of streamwriter) in German:
So wie ich es hier vorgeschlagen habe macht das wohl Sinn denke ich. Sowie so sollte generell erkenbar sein das eine Album miniatur anzeige für Streamwriter möglich ist.

Legalität, Radio Verzeichnisse, Diskographie Verzeichnisse, Reguläre Ausdrücke, Videos...:
Yo24hua's streamWriter Special: > > > https://sites.google.com/site/yo24hua < < <

Alles mit Ruhe & Muse, denn Unmöglich sind nur die Dinge, die man nicht tut!
Befreie dich, Befreie dich, Befreie dich und du wirst deinen Weg finden!
··· ¥oæhua ···

alex
2538 Posts
wrote on 26.02.13 at 22:09
Link to this post
Yo24hua's suggestion makes sense. I will put it to my TODO list. May take a while for that feature to appear but I will post in this thread when it's done.

@Yo24hua:
Ja das passt so. Das Album-Bild müsste immer angezeigt werden, mit so einem "Kein Bild"-Bild;-)wie du es gepostet hast. Wenn das dauerhaft leere Bild nervt würde ich etwas bauen, um die Funktion abzuschalten.
LG/Best regards, Alex

"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations."
- George Orwell

radiodaz
45 Posts
wrote on 26.02.13 at 00:48 last edited by radiodaz on 27.02.13 at 16:33
Link to this post
* OK so how about this: when you want to drag the song onto the desktop from the scrubber.

1. Push & Hold the scrubber down for 2-3 seconds * This will activate the Drag drop feature.
2. Now the scrubber stops moving> and is a solid blue color.
3. Your mouse can move around the scrubber area without tracking through the song.
4. Slide the mouse over to the desktop and drop file.
5. Song continues to play after file is dropped.
6. FINISHED!!!

* AWSOME!!!!

Yo24hua
727 Posts
wrote on 27.02.13 at 21:29 last edited by Yo24hua on 27.02.13 at 21:58
Link to this post

quote:
Push & Hold the scrubber down for 2-3 seconds * This will activate the Drag drop feature.
In one second you can move the mouse to album picture and then drag & drop this. Sorry.

The scrubber can not be used for dragging and dropping. This is technically not feasible !!!

Legalität, Radio Verzeichnisse, Diskographie Verzeichnisse, Reguläre Ausdrücke, Videos...:
Yo24hua's streamWriter Special: > > > https://sites.google.com/site/yo24hua < < <

··· ¥oæhua ···

radiodaz
45 Posts
wrote on 28.02.13 at 01:04 last edited by radiodaz on 28.02.13 at 01:09
Link to this post
* It don't have to be an icon> As long as you can pick the song up near the scrubber area. Let's say a Button (that could automaticlaly shoot the song to your prefered folder~either desktop or other file location)~ at the push of a button.

Yo24hua
727 Posts
wrote on 28.02.13 at 18:57 last edited by Yo24hua on 28.02.13 at 19:45
Link to this post

Please read the last post of 02/26/13, 21:09 (26.02.13 um 21:09) by Alex.

The drag & drop icon will be available sometime in the future for all users.

So please have patience, software development takes many time.

I hope you've understand me now!
And thank you for giving me an chance to learn better english!
Best regards

··· ¥oæhua ···

radiodaz
45 Posts
wrote on 28.02.13 at 00:10
Link to this post
* CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!)):[

alex
2538 Posts
wrote on 17.03.13 at 20:30
Link to this post
This is done with the next build. It looks a little ugly (I will improve it) but it should work.
LG/Best regards, Alex

- George Orwell