HansHeintz
6 Posts
wrote on 08.11.12 at 14:11
Link to this post
I do sessions of recording "radio paradise" to play through ipod/iphone in my car. I record indiviual songs but play them as a normal radio stream (i record the discjockey inbetween also). So everthing has to ne in the right order.
I group 500 tracks at a time as an "album" example "radio paradise 21" and set property "part of a compilation" to true in windows. I then upload them to my device using itunes.

This has all worked perectly but I noticed (with the last version?) that the recorded tracks do not get a track number property anymore (visible in windows if you add the '#' column in the folder view). Before streamwriter automatically gave ever increasing numbers per station, for example I was at 5123 with radio paradise. I'm guessing track numbers are essential for playback in the right order.
Has the software changed or have I done something wrong?

alex
2538 Posts
wrote on 08.11.12 at 20:11 last edited by alex on 08.11.12 at 20:11
Link to this post
From what version did you update to what version? At this moment I can only tell that it's been some months where stuff regarding saving/tagging of files changed.
LG/Best regards, Alex

"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations."
- George Orwell

D1734FA178BF7D5AE50CB1AD54442494

HansHeintz
6 Posts
wrote on 08.11.12 at 20:52
Link to this post

To

4.2.0.0 build 414

alex
2538 Posts
wrote on 08.11.12 at 21:22
Link to this post
1.4 or 4.1? Version 1.4 is from January 2011, it is really old. If this is right, you should check the settings for the streams if setting tags is enabled.
LG/Best regards, Alex

"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations."
- George Orwell

HansHeintz
6 Posts
wrote on 08.11.12 at 22:36
Link to this post
Yes I was using a very old version, it worked fine :)

I saw the setting you mentioned before but when I clicked it, it wanted to install additional software so I didn't think that would be suddenly necessary for something it always did automatically.
But in the end you are right, your suggestion solved the problem.
As for updating: from now on it is: if it is not broke don't fix it :)

alex
2538 Posts
wrote on 09.11.12 at 01:10
Link to this post
Nice that it is solved.

As for updating: from now on it is: if it is not broke don't fix it :)

The changes were just too heavy to import the old settings to the new ones. Usualy updating works without problems - if you had updated from 1.x to 2.x/3.x first, streamWriter would have displayed a message telling you of these changes (basically the things I told you in this thread). I did not think that there are any users outside that update from a that old version to the newest one .. sorry:-)
LG/Best regards, Alex

- George Orwell