Irish_Rogue
7 Posts
wrote on 24.07.12 at 06:49
Link to this post
Hi Folks,

I would appreciate a solution for the following scenario. I have scheduled recording from Streams. The filenames, by defauly, are :

Streamnane (1).mp3
Streamname (2).mp3

How can I add the date and time ? When I use the %d and %i qualifiers, the format is attempts is like:

Streamname24.07.12.23.59.mp3

So, Windows can't handle all of the "dots" !! - Is there a way to surpress the "dots" in the date & time qualifiers, so this will work, i.e. use the format :-

Streamname2407122359.mp3

Regards,

Irish_Rogue

alex
2538 Posts
wrote on 24.07.12 at 14:54
Link to this post
Hi!

So, Windows can't handle all of the "dots"

What do you mean with "can't handle"? I'm asking this because I don't want to integrate qualifiers for day, month, year, etc. if there is another way to help you.
LG/Best regards, Alex

"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations."
- George Orwell

D1734FA178BF7D5AE50CB1AD54442494

Irish_Rogue
7 Posts
wrote on 25.07.12 at 05:25
Link to this post
Hi Alex,

Thanks for the prompt responses !

What I mean is that the Windows O/S cannot create a file with a format that includes the "dots" that the %d and %i qualifiers use. So, it simply doesn't work.

I am simply attempting to ensure that the Scheduled recordings can produce unique file names. Another possible solution might be a qualifier that would simply concatanate an incrementing number, where the file already exists. For example :

Streamname0001.mp3
Streamname0002.mp3
etc

Cheers,

Irish_Rogue

alex
2538 Posts
wrote on 29.07.12 at 03:50
Link to this post
What I mean is that the Windows O/S cannot create a file with a format that includes the "dots" that the %d and %i qualifiers use. So, it simply doesn't work.

What version of Windows are you using? I tested WinXP -> Win7 (German and English) and this should be no problem. I'm pretty sure the files using this naming-scheme with dots are saved to disk. If this is not the case, I need more info regarding your operating system.

]I am simply attempting to ensure that the Scheduled recordings can produce unique file names. Another possible solution might be a qualifier that would simply concatanate an incrementing number, where the file already exists.

If an existing file already exists, streamWriter will append (1), (2), etc. if not disabled in the settings. If you are still having trouble, try recording without the date/time-stuff in filenames and use an external tool to rename the files, for example 'Ant Rename'.
LG/Best regards, Alex

"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations."
- George Orwell

D1734FA178BF7D5AE50CB1AD54442494