gunterotto
7 Posts
wrote on 01.11.11 at 19:23
Link to this post
Firstly, I love the program, great work! Secondly, my German is a bit rusty after 50 years out of country, so I apologize if this question is answered elsewhere, however a scan of "cutposition" got zero hits, therefore…

I would love to use the in-program editting function, but it does not work logically, in my opinion. If I "set cutpositions" it will save the area between them. Should it not cut the area between them?

Let me explain by example… I have set the streams to add 1 sec silence at beginning/end of tracks. If I have a song that runs into my track, I should be able to select the point after my 1 sec of silence to the end of the rogue song, and delete it. There is no way to delete a part of a recorded track, so I always lose the sec of silence at the start/end. Or is there a way I can re-add the silence? Or am I just missing something?

Thanks/Danke,
Horst.

alex
2538 Posts
wrote on 01.11.11 at 19:40
Link to this post
Hi,

I agree with you that the behaviour of the editing function is arguable, but it was designed to remove junk at the beginning/end, and that's what it does.
To solve your problem do the following: Use the cut function to remove everything at the beginning/end (including the added silence). Then click on the button in the toolbar which has the lightning icon. A new windows appears where you can apply the post-processing effects to the file you are currently editing.
LG/Best regards, Alex

"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations."
- George Orwell

D1734FA178BF7D5AE50CB1AD54442494

gunterotto
7 Posts
wrote on 02.11.11 at 04:02
Link to this post
Ah, that is both simple and elegant. The more I use this program, the more I appreciate it. Time to donate…

Thanks for the quick response.
Horst.

gunterotto
7 Posts
wrote on 12.11.11 at 20:54
Link to this post
This is for the benefit of anyone else that may be reading this thread because they are having trouble with "cutpositions". Alex has actually made it quite complete with post-processing, but I came across another feature that I discovered by accident…

When you are in a cut tab and in play mode to determine where to cut a song, you can "freeze" the cursor position with a right-click of the mouse, then "set cutpositions" to the cursor line. That's much easier than trying to eyeball the position, as I was doing.

Brilliant, just brilliant.