solo
2 Posts
wrote on 23.10.11 at 18:14
Link to this post
Hello there,

First of all thanks very much for making this wonderful free program!

I am streaming Danceradio.es through StreamWriter and also recording the stream at the same time. My settings are as follows:

-Streams

[checked] save separated tracks
[checked] Only save whole songs
[checked] Add saved titles to global ignorelist
[checked] Overwrite existing file if newer file is larger

- Cut

[checked] Skip Ads (short songs) : 45 seconds
[checked] Search for silence before tracks: 5, 150, 5, 0

The issue that I'm having is that most of the time StreamWriter records one huge mp3 file (which is I am guessing where it can't differentiate between the songs) and then several separate mp3's with titles name, artist name etc. Those mp3's however are usually consisting of the end of the previous song and then the beginning of the titled song. In other words, it looks like this:

Klaas - I'm Free ReMix.mp3 (5 minutes)

[––1 min another song––][––4 minutes Klaas - I'm Free ReMix––].mp3

How do I change my settings and is there anything else that can be done so when StreamWriter records these songs they are recorder properly?

!Thanks!

Anti
wrote on 25.10.11 at 21:46
Link to this post
If you post the stream-URL I could look at your problem. Perhaps its not a problem of Streamwriter but of your radio station. Some stations changs the streamtags a few times during a track …

alex
2538 Posts
wrote on 25.10.11 at 23:25
Link to this post
Hi solo,

the URL to the stream would be really helpful. Anyway, there is an option to do that. Right-click the stream, select "Settings…", then select "Cut" on the left. You will have the ability to change the offset of track detections at the bottom, but this is limited to 9999 milliseconds I think. If you wish to have this limit increased, just post here and I will do the relevant changes.

Alex
LG/Best regards, Alex

"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations."
- George Orwell

D1734FA178BF7D5AE50CB1AD54442494

solo
2 Posts
wrote on 25.10.11 at 01:18
Link to this post
Hi alex/Anti,

The stream is

http://streamwriter.org/en/streamdb/getplaylist/list.m3u?id=24830

What does the track offset do, I am not sure how to use that and what do you think would be a good number? I generally noticed that the next track name popup appears about 15-20 seconds before the next actual song starts, is that the issue?

THANKS@;-)

alex
2538 Posts
wrote on 26.10.11 at 21:26
Link to this post
Hi,

the track offset does the following.. You are recording a song, but the stream changes the title 20 seconds later so streamWriter would cut it incorrectly. You have to enable the option to change the track offset, when the title changes 20 seconds after the song, you select "Before detected change" and enter 20 seconds into the textbox.

Best regards,

Alex
LG/Best regards, Alex

"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations."
- George Orwell

D1734FA178BF7D5AE50CB1AD54442494