cybersun
8 Posts
wrote on 29.07.11 at 02:48
Link to this post
I would like to know if there is a setting that needs to be set, or if it is normal that some streams do not show individual tracks.

I have recorded various streams for which all tracks show up individually, now I have another stream LOUNGE RADIO.COM that appears to be recording something somewhere, but I cannot find, see antything under the tab SAVED SONG or inside the folde STREAMWRITER\LOUNGE RADIO: it show zero songs saved and zero file in the folder.

What can be causing this? Is this normal for some streams? Or is it some setting that I would have overlooked?

6-)
Cybersun

alex
2538 Posts
wrote on 30.07.11 at 13:25 last edited by alex on 30.07.11 at 13:28
Link to this post
I think I know where the problem is - path names on windows can only be 255 chars long, and the station name alone seems to be very long so that files cannot be saved because streamWriter does not truncate the folder name. I will test it myself and open an issue for that, I think it will be easy to fix.

Edit: Seems I was right. I will open an issue and fix it.
LG/Best regards, Alex

"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations."
- George Orwell

D1734FA178BF7D5AE50CB1AD54442494

alex
2538 Posts
wrote on 31.07.11 at 03:45
Link to this post
Should be fixed with new build 239.
LG/Best regards, Alex

"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations."
- George Orwell

Tyson
wrote on 16.08.11 at 19:20
Link to this post
The files are only being saved with the stream names. I have tried many different pattern options(%s\%a\%t)but they are never applied. This only happened after the update. I have been using an older version so that the patterns are applied but I really need to use the timer feature. I'm using this product at a university in the US for recording multiple lectures being streamed out of classrooms for students.

Thanks,

Tyson

alex
2538 Posts
wrote on 16.08.11 at 19:28
Link to this post
What titles does the station broadcast? Just post some of them here and I will have a look.
LG/Best regards, Alex

- George Orwell

Tyson
wrote on 16.08.11 at 20:37
Link to this post
These are not public streams. I installed edcast and icecast on computers that are in lecture halls at the university and the computers in the lecture halls stream the lecture from microphones live on the local network. I record these centrally with streamwriter, edit the audio and post for students on the school website. In edcast I enter the name of the class room as the stream name. Edcast sends the live audio input to Icecast for streaming in mp3. Attached is a screenshot on how I configure the stream info. Otherwise the actual address is like this:

http://(local IP):8000/streamname.mp3

Thank you for the quick response. I've found no other software that has been as useful for what I am doing here at the school. Thanks for all your hard work.

Tyson
screenshot-stream info.jpg (146.7 KB, 1595 times downloaded)

alex
2538 Posts
wrote on 17.08.11 at 11:55 last edited by alex on 17.08.11 at 11:55
Link to this post
I think edcast/icecast do not change the titles of the broadcasted data. The broadcasted title is displayed in streamWriter's main window next to the station name. Saving of separate songs so that they are listed under the "Saved songs" tab only works that way, because streamWriter's track-change detection works by looking at the title names:-|
LG/Best regards, Alex

- George Orwell