name
1 Post
wrote on 30.07.11 at 18:53 last edited by name on 30.07.11 at 19:18
Link to this post
Hi

firstly, thanks for making streamWriter it is great… first good program i've seen since xotac ripcast :)

However i'm finding an issue with cutting that xotact ripcast still does better… with streamWriter it will only cut a mp3 if it can find silence at the beginning AND the end of a track… however i'm finding alot of tracks only have silence at the beginning (since the metadata ranges between 3 to 8 seconds behind the music change…) i've tried adjusting it heaps but although it can detect the silence at the start it can't detect it at the end - because the song is displaced so much…

So can you please modify the transition buffer size longer than 75000 to like 10000? or let us adjust this transition buffer size?… alternatively if you could set a mode to cut a song between the first silence detected and the change of metadata (i'd rather have a nice cut at the start than at the end) than that would be great too :) … or maybe since the metadata is ALWAYS at least 3 seconds late… could we have a setting to manually adjust the timeshift/split ahead 3 seconds?

Thanks heaps

alex
2538 Posts
wrote on 04.08.11 at 22:56 last edited by alex on 04.08.11 at 22:57
Link to this post
Hello!

"with streamWriter it will only cut a mp3 if it can find silence at the beginning AND the end of a track…"

I'm not sure about this but I think if it only finds silence at the beginning, it will cut from there to the end, even if there was no silence found. Also I think that when this happens, the scissor-icon is not placed next to a saved song. Maybe I will check this at the weekend.

"So can you please modify the transition buffer size longer than 75000 to like 10000? or let us adjust this transition buffer size?…"

I think this is what the help/technical stuff page says. This information is outdated. You can adjust the range where to search for silence in the general or per-stream settings (it's not bytes, but seconds).

"or maybe since the metadata is ALWAYS at least 3 seconds late… could we have a setting to manually adjust the timeshift/split ahead 3 seconds?"

This is already on the issue tracker, but I cannot say when it will be done.

Greetings and sorry for the late reply,

Alex
LG/Best regards, Alex

"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations."
- George Orwell

D1734FA178BF7D5AE50CB1AD54442494