Marc
90 Posts
wrote on 27.11.15 at 17:47
Link to this post
For some reason StreamWriter is not saving regulary to the "streamwriter_data_recovery.dat" and there's plenty of free space. In another computer with a much smaller settings file it is saved regulary.

That coupled with some unexpected system crashes… the problem is that ignoirelists for the last saved day or more are lost. And while it is easy to add via drag and drop all the saved tracks to the stream ignorelist, doing so for all streams is too much work and 'd take too long. Maybe there could be a more automated way to add saved songs to each stream ignorelist (depending on user settings) and perhaps also to add songs to "saved songs" with date taken from song's modified time.

alex
2538 Posts
wrote on 07.12.15 at 19:58
Link to this post
I don't know what to do to solve this… there are no conditions whether the file is written or not, also it should be really fast because the recovery file is not saved compressed (the regular data file is zipped). If you have many recorded files in a directory with subdirectories you want to add to the ignore list you can open a command promt and do the following:

cd directory-with-recordings
dir /s /B *.mp3 > list.txt

Afterwards open streamWriter, select the lists tab then select the ignore-list node in the tree and click "Import…" in the toolbar. Then select the file "list.txt".
LG/Best regards, Alex

"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations."
- George Orwell

D1734FA178BF7D5AE50CB1AD54442494

Marc
90 Posts
wrote on 08.12.15 at 21:49
Link to this post
Question: would that add the songs to the global ignorelist?

alex
2538 Posts
wrote on 09.12.15 at 10:39
Link to this post
Yes, I tested it, streamWriter sees that the text file contains filenames and removes the path and the file extension and adds the rest (in the best case "Artist - Song") to the list. If it leads to undesired results for you just kill streamWriter using the task manager so it does not save the changes.
LG/Best regards, Alex

"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations."
- George Orwell

Marc
90 Posts
wrote on 09.12.15 at 19:08
Link to this post
Tested it as well. One bat file for mp3 and another for aac. One problem for me though, I have been using stream ignorlists instead of global ignorelists. Perhaps StreamWriter could interpret the folder name and based on that import saved songs to the corresponding stream ignorelist?

alex
2538 Posts
wrote on 06.01.16 at 06:29
Link to this post
That feature is too specific and does not always make sense, for example when users don't save into folders or use the folder name for other data. The import function is nothing I will invest much time into, sorry…
LG/Best regards, Alex

- George Orwell

Marc
90 Posts
wrote on 01.05.16 at 09:40 last edited by Marc on 01.05.16 at 10:00
Link to this post
I agree thats too specific. I would much prefer to fix the recovery data file so that it is saved regulary. Chances are it is related to the file size? currently is around 220 MB. Now i just checked for the file and there wasn't a recovery data file.

Edit: I was planing on checking the bugreport text files for posting in https://streamwriter.org/en/forum/faden/post6035/ but there was only the latest file:-(it means the file has been overwritten. And i was hoping to find 10 or more reports (I will rename them), well if the recovery file is written regulary the crashes are secondary (the biggest issue would be lost recording time…) but I can only recap once were it crashed when i wasn't present.

And I apologize for the late and long post!