lorenzf
4 Posts
wrote on 20.09.13 at 22:44
Link to this post
Thank you for your work on streamWriter. It is a reliable and easy to use way to record internet radio. I use it to record radio programs, not songs. Please consider these additions to scheduling and stream file naming options:

1). Allow Weekday (Monday-Friday) scheduling in addition to the Daily and Weekly options. Or, allow more that one day to be selected for Weekly schedules (7 checkboxes for example).

Some of the radio programs I record are broadcast on weekdays only.

2). Allow optional text to be entered in a recording schedule and assigned to a token such as %r which can be included in the stream file naming pattern.

I want to use the program name in the stream file name. For now, when I record only one program from a stream (radio station) I enter the program name in the pattern for stream filenames. However, I sometimes have separate recording schedules for different programs broadcast on the same radio station.

lorenzf
4 Posts
wrote on 23.09.13 at 18:26
Link to this post
It may be easier to allow an optional override to the stream filename pattern for each scheduled recording.

alex
2538 Posts
wrote on 29.09.13 at 03:50
Link to this post
Sorry, I don't think I will introduce these features because I will stop developing soon and will only do some things left that are on my personal list. Maybe this will be introduced in a future version far away…
LG/Best regards, Alex

"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations."
- George Orwell

D1734FA178BF7D5AE50CB1AD54442494

darielab
1 Post
wrote on 10.05.14 at 23:40
Link to this post
I just downloaded streamWriter. I think it would be awesome if you could add these two features. Especially the second one.

As an alternative to custom naming for programs, if multiple copies of the same stream could be added (one for each program) this might accomplish the same purpose. It might be easier to implement too.