renato
3 Posts
wrote on 04.05.11 at 12:49
Link to this post
Hi Alex,
let me tell you a thing first! streamWriter is just AMAZING, best online radio player & recorder for Windows, I tested like 10+ similar apps but they suck compared to streamWriter! It's nearly perfect as is, but I think it could become God-like if you add two more features:

a) notifies, like Growl (http://www.growlforwindows.com/gfw/)
for every song change, a nice notify popups and shows you infos such as: artist, title and album!

Examples of what I mean:
http://techtastico.com/files/2009/11/Growl-para-Windows.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_D1EpnOVJuA8/TJ9EJaxy_xI/AAAAAAAADNY/ev8hU8zZNHs/s400/decibel05.png

This could be DOPE for people like me who works with streamWriter as background music and have to open streamWriter window every song change to see what it's playing now!

b) MSN support, such as iTunes or Windows Media Player or Foobar: it shows artist - title on MSN topic!

Do you think it could be possible to add these two features?

Thank you,
Renato

alex
2538 Posts
wrote on 04.05.11 at 01:40
Link to this post
Hi renato,

first of all, thanks for you support for streamWriter:-P!
Feature a) sounds nice and will get added sooner or later, I will add an issue to the tracker.

I'm sorry to say that I won't implement b). The reason for this is that if I would implement it, I would support one messenger out of many.. If somebody want's to code that, I might provide an API that provides the current playing song that can be used in a plugin for streamWriter or something like that (other players do it that way)… But I won't integrate MSN support by myself. Sorry.

Best regards,

Alex
LG/Best regards, Alex

"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations."
- George Orwell

D1734FA178BF7D5AE50CB1AD54442494

renato
3 Posts
wrote on 05.05.11 at 12:06
Link to this post
Thank you, well feature b) was a plus ;) What I'd really love is feature a) :)

Thank you for implementing it & thank you again for streamWriter :) My data entry & aspnet coding work would be a pain without it :)

Peace,
Renato

renato
3 Posts
wrote on 06.05.11 at 21:02
Link to this post
Anyway Alex, I was thinking about what you said about one vs all messengers support… the b) feature could be easily implemented for every IM on the planet, Twitter included, just adding a little "copy now playing track artist+title to clipboard" button, so the user can paste it where he likes.. MSN, Jabber, Twitter, Facebook..everywhere!

For example, I'm actually listening to "Pyramid - Dawn Defender" and I wanna share my love for this track on Twitter. At the moment I have to manually write down artist+title on Twitter message box, while having a "copy to clipoard" button, it could be a lot faster! :)

Just press the "copy" button and paste whatever you like!

The user could be customize the prefix of the text clip as well, such as:

"Listening to: " %artist% - %title%

or

"Now Playing: " %artist% - %title% "with Streamwriter"

What do you think about this feature? :)

alex
2538 Posts
wrote on 06.05.11 at 22:00
Link to this post
I thought about this myself but it was not worth for me to add an issue. Anyway, it's doable and I will create an isse for it;-)

Alex
LG/Best regards, Alex

"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations."
- George Orwell

D1734FA178BF7D5AE50CB1AD54442494