Witcher
1 Post
wrote on 11.07.17 at 10:12
Link to this post
Hello and thanks for the great program to the wonderful creator! The question for anybody who would know: I am a new user, my plan is to make a schedule of streams to be recorded through the week. My internet connection or the internet connection of the broadcaster (both) can be interrupted time to time. When this happens I have a lot of small files which I dislike. Possible solution: In the best case it would be fine to automatically cut the silence and to have one single file (= everything what was live and recorded in the scheduled time, excluding gaps). Or if it is not possible, how do I record everything (including gaps when there is waiting time and when the stream is offline). The third way how to solve my problem would be a simple joiner of mp3 files, somewhere in the interface of this program, so I would not need an external application for that. Thank you for your replies! :)

alex
2538 Posts
wrote on 25.07.17 at 20:28
Link to this post
Hi!

When this happens I have a lot of small files which I dislike. Possible solution: In the best case it would be fine to automatically cut the silence and to have one single file (= everything what was live and recorded in the scheduled time, excluding gaps).

I don't think this is possible. When the connection drops and then instantly resumes, the audio data is overlapping I think (the second file's beginning has some seconds of music from the first file's end). Did you try it? The only solution to this problem is using an external application to join the files, and as I said I think the audio data will overlap or some seconds/minutes are missing, that depends on how long the connection was dropped. Sorry I cannot really help you with this issue:-|
LG/Best regards, Alex

"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations."
- George Orwell

D1734FA178BF7D5AE50CB1AD54442494