geoffcox
6 Posts
wrote on 22.02.17 at 17:08
Link to this post
Hello

I recorded a Konzert on WDR 3 last night.

I found 1 large file which covered the whole of the concert and also lots of smaller individual files.

Why the smaller files?

Cheers

Geoff

Yo24hua
727 Posts
wrote on 22.02.17 at 18:40 last edited by Yo24hua on 22.02.17 at 19:04
Link to this post
Hello geoffcox,

I think it is the stream settings. Right click on the radio station then go to "Settings" and look for "Save seperate tracks" this is for single files. Large file is "Save stream file to harddisk".

In the future you can see anything what streamWriter do in the "Log" register/tab (main window).

Sorry, my english is to low for complete explaining that, you can look under "help" for more infos about this or search here in the Forum (Board).
Legalität, Radio Verzeichnisse, Diskographie Verzeichnisse, Reguläre Ausdrücke, Videos...:
Yo24hua's streamWriter Special: > > > https://sites.google.com/site/yo24hua < < <

Alles mit Ruhe & Muse, denn Unmöglich sind nur die Dinge, die man nicht tut!
Befreie dich, Befreie dich, Befreie dich und du wirst deinen Weg finden!
··· ¥oæhua ···

geoffcox
6 Posts
wrote on 23.02.17 at 09:16
Link to this post
Your English is fine!

How does streamWriter decide when to close a short file?

Cheers

Geoff

Yo24hua
727 Posts
wrote on 23.02.17 at 22:14 last edited by Yo24hua on 23.02.17 at 23:00
Link to this post
What did you mean with closing file ?
Do you mean how the spliting into individual files works ?

Most radio stations transmit title informations (meta tags) to the stream data, streamWriter uses this information to split the files into individual files. You can also watch this in the protocol ("Log") when a recording is running or you listening a station!
Legalität, Radio Verzeichnisse, Diskographie Verzeichnisse, Reguläre Ausdrücke, Videos...:
Yo24hua's streamWriter Special: > > > https://sites.google.com/site/yo24hua < < <

··· ¥oæhua ···

geoffcox
6 Posts
wrote on 25.02.17 at 01:52
Link to this post
ah OK!

Thanks

Geoff

Yo24hua
727 Posts
wrote on 25.02.17 at 14:06 last edited by Yo24hua on 25.02.17 at 14:06
Link to this post
Can I ask them why you wanted to record a german channel (study german classic-music or why) ?

greetings
Yoshi

··· ¥oæhua ···

iloveradio
7 Posts
wrote on 17.06.17 at 03:18
Link to this post
Thanks for the answer. I was wondering why I had huge streamfiles also. So what's the benefit of saving a streamfile AND separate files? For now I have disabled this option and should only now have 'complete' and separate files.

Excellent application by the way, thank you. I am very impressed with StreamWriter.

I was using StationRipper for many years however development stopped some years ago and I have now moved to StreamWriter which is much better.