hefrenan
4 Beiträge
schrieb am 08.08.24 um 16:41 Uhr zuletzt bearbeitet von hefrenan am 08.08.24 um 16:41 Uhr
Link zu diesem Post
Hello,

i updated to the new version and there was a bug. I think the bug was that streamwriter would not resume downloading after PC startup/restart.

So i tried to reinstall the previous version. In this process i unfortunately deleted the ignorelist that tells streamwriter which songs already has been downloaded.

How do i re-create the ignorelist?

If the program doesn't have such a feature, what is the format of the list? I could try to find a tool that lists all files (mp3s) in the folder and saves it into a .txt file.

I don't want the downloaded mp3s to be re-downloaded or overwritten.

alex
2549 Beiträge
schrieb am 11.08.24 um 17:01 Uhr
Link zu diesem Post
Hi,

thanks for letting me know about this problem. I will see if I can reproduce and fix this.

There are some options for getting the ignore list filled again:
  1. Open Windows Explorer, navigate to the folder where the files to ignore are located, use the Explorer search function to search for "*.mp3", select every found file in the results list and drag them all at once into the "Ignorelist" item in "Lists" tab of streamWriter.
  2. Create a text file containing the songs to ignore, one one each line, select the "Ignorelist" item, select "Import file…" in the toolbar (button to the right) and select the text file.
  3. Create a M3U/PLS playlist containing the files to ignore and apply the same procedure to import that file as described in the previous step.

Hope this helps:-)
LG/Best regards, Alex

"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations."
- George Orwell

D1734FA178BF7D5AE50CB1AD54442494

hefrenan
4 Beiträge
schrieb am 23.08.24 um 17:05 Uhr zuletzt bearbeitet von hefrenan am 23.08.24 um 17:23 Uhr
Link zu diesem Post
Hello Alex,

thanks for the reply.

Thanks a lot for this amazing piece of software.

My late reply is due to this board apparently not emailing you a notification after someone replies to you. You should have in mind that if the board doesn't have the ability to notify the user after a reply, then conversations will die and this will kill the community activity, which in return has adverse effects for the popularity of your software. I revisited the forum by sheer chance and was surprised that there was a response.

Regarding re-creating the ignore list:

Option 1 worked like a charm and i must say that i am very impressed! That is some 'AAA software' feature. Also i am very glad that i did not have to do it manually as proposed in option 2 since the folder contains a very high amount of mp3s.

Regarding the bug of SW not resuming after PC restart / startup:
i made a thread in the bug forum.