Morden2004
16 Beiträge
schrieb am 06.07.17 um 18:38 Uhr
Link zu diesem Post
I need to be able to identify specific connections when recording tracks from the same URL. This would allow a user to identify unique programs in the saved filename.

For example, I record shows (for example: Taking You Back - Hurt David; Saving The 70's - Mike Walker) from the same stream URL at different times but I cannot uniquely identify which radio show I recorded from the saved filename on the same URL.

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks,

Paul Clarke

alex
2538 Beiträge
schrieb am 10.07.17 um 12:01 Uhr
Link zu diesem Post
Hi,

since this is a bigger change and I new feature I won't implement it, sorry…:-|
LG/Best regards, Alex

"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations."
- George Orwell

D1734FA178BF7D5AE50CB1AD54442494

Morden2004
16 Beiträge
schrieb am 13.07.17 um 23:28 Uhr zuletzt bearbeitet von Morden2004 am 13.07.17 um 23:30 Uhr
Link zu diesem Post
Thanks for the reply. I fully understand and although I would have liked that feature, I believe I've found a work-around.

The problem is caused by the initial entry: URL=50.7.98.106:8413/ is the entry for internet station 2NG and I NAME the entry [TYB - 2NG] which stands for all [Takin' You Back (Kurt David)] shows. I set the schedule and all the recording are shown as: [TYB - 2NG] + I append the day/month as well. That has all TYB shows grouped together for 2NG and sorted by date and appear a TYB - 2NG 07-13, for example. This works well for one show being recorded per entry.

The problem arises when you want to record a different host show name from the same URL. Obviously a show [Saving the 70's] would not be saved by that name but would be save as TYB - 2NG thus making for confusing listings.

However, as it turns out, you can append any dummy text to the station URL that we use to set up an entry *provided* that the dummy text is not actually appended directly to the URL but separated by at least one [space] character. Let me explain. I fetched the URL for 2NG (which is http://50.7.98.106:8413/) and then appended the dummy text (example: http://50.7.98.106:8413/ 70s) where that text [70s] is appended to the URL with a space character. If I then use that URL as an entry line in Streamwriter, it opens up a new entry (instead of just jumping to the existing one) and I can then edit the name which I use to identify the recordings and - problem solved!

I hope that makes sense. If anyone else has these recording requirements this may help solve the problem.

Cheers!

Pal

RobT
17 Beiträge
schrieb am 06.08.17 um 09:13 Uhr zuletzt bearbeitet von RobT am 06.08.17 um 09:18 Uhr
Link zu diesem Post
Hi Morden,

I must not be doing what you talk about correctly. I am taking a stream URL I am already using and putting it into the Playlist/Stream-URL box, typing a space and then a few characters (e.g. " 2" after my station's URL). It works in the sense that I get another entry, but I can't play or record from that entry - it retries for awhile but doesn't ever connect. Are you doing something different?

Edited: I see - it works for that stream of yours, but not when I try it with mine (http://live.krfcfm.org:80/live). Weird.

Rob T

alex
2538 Beiträge
schrieb am 18.08.17 um 20:19 Uhr
Link zu diesem Post
Having a stream more than one time in the list is not supported.
It's possible this is working for Mordens2004's stream but usually this should not work. Having the option to append a custom tag to saved files of scheduled recordings would be nice, but I don't have the time to implement this.
LG/Best regards, Alex

"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations."
- George Orwell

RobT
17 Beiträge
schrieb am 23.08.17 um 17:24 Uhr
Link zu diesem Post
This would be nice - it's what would stop me from pitching streamWriter to help our radio station use it for generating podcasts for a bunch of our shows. But I will probably be pitching them something based on streamripper on Linux, as they have good Linux infrastructure and colocation.

It's tempting to think about fixing, though - I learned Pascal second or third back in university.

Rob T

alex
2538 Beiträge
schrieb am 24.08.17 um 21:01 Uhr
Link zu diesem Post
If you want the sourcecode just email me, I can send it if you want to try implementing this feature.
LG/Best regards, Alex

- George Orwell